Monday 24 January 2011

Finding our wings

The first recent roam we had started in Hysera. Wood floats around the belts ratting while I kit up, bringing my omen. I meet up with fibs and wood only to hear I just missed a faction spawn – rage.

We fleet up and start looking for people to fight, Solo and small gangs are the targets. I plan a route, 3D maps made easy thanks to EVE Strategic Maps. We head into Essence towards Old Man Star for a look about. We reach Heydieles, we had a few close calls, nearly got a Jaguar but it was in a complex – being in a cruiser we where too big to enter, and fibs arrived too late in his frigate to get him, so we passed this one.

Instead of heading into Old Man Star we move towards Black Rise because of reports of large fleets in Old Man Star. I plan a route which will take us in a loop of Black Rise, exiting the region in Nannaras.

We are on the move again, and we meet a few gangs on route, all bigger than us, or more notorious, so we leave them be. On the jump from martoh -kehjari we send fibs to scout. He is greeted by a 20-30 man gang. I give the order for him to warp away. And me and wood clear the gate on the martoh side.

The gang jumps into Martoh and scans around, presumably looking for us. After about 10-20 minutes of them trying to find us they clear the Martoh gate. I tell fibs to warp to 0 on that gate and jump through to us. He jumps as a few ships land, but he gets to warp easily enough.

I rub that course out of my autopilot and set a course to Onnamon instead, bringing out black-rise roam to an end.

We head to Enderailen to see what was what there. We pick up a command ship on scans, and we invite Sakura to join us to try take it down. The command ship is station hugging with a can dropped beside it.

Wood tries to get the command ship to aggro him by bumping him and warping to nearby celestials hoping for a pursuit, but no success.

This time we leave empty low sec handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment